Visible Body®'s 3D anatomical models of the human body make learning and teaching anatomy and physiology visual and engaging. We invent apps that advance the way students learn and healthcare professionals practice. Over a million people have used our products over the web, on iPads, iPhones, Android devices, PCs, and Macs. Founded in 1996, Visible Body also operates as Argosy Publishing.
Visible Body is a U.S.-based company with 35 employees located in greater Boston, a recognized center of medical innovation. We are a dedicated and diverse group of:
- Biomedical visualization experts with advanced degrees studying the art and science of communicating complex human biology.
- Programmers and software architecture gurus.
- Educational publishing executives and teachers with decades of experience in instructional design.
- Customer service and sales professionals who reach across the globe and listen to what the healthcare community needs.
- Press kit requests and additional information; please submit a request.
- Partnership inquiries; please submit a request.
- Information about custom products.
- Information for bookstores, libraries, and site license or permission requests.
Our Consumer Products
Our growing list of products provides education and reference solutions for students and professors of anatomy and physiology, healthcare professionals, and consumers interested in learning more about the human body. These products are offered for desktop, mobile devices, and institutional site license, and are sold through our store, on the iTunes App Store, Mac App Store, Amazon, and Google Play. Visit our product catalog for a current list of products and platforms.
Our Custom B2B Products
Visible Body produces customized and branded versions of our top-selling consumer products for many of the world's top pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and educational publishing companies.
Our B2B clients include companies like Johnson & Johnson, Stryker, Medtronic, and Edwards Lifesciences. These companies use customized apps to train sales representatives and to provide physicians with compelling patient education tools.
Our academic partners include colleges and universities throughout the globe that purchase institutional licenses that offer students over 3,500 highly detailed, medically accurate, true 3D models of structures across all body systems.
- September 2014 - Visible Body partners with Wolters Kluwer Health to distribute web based and mobile apps via the Ovid® medical research platform.
- July 2014 - Visible Body's Best-Selling Human Anatomy and Physiology Apps Now Available in the Windows Store.
- August 2013 - Visible Body releases Anatomy & Physiology for iPad, PC, and Mac
- December 2012 - Visible Body® Releases Skeleton Premium
- March 2012 - Visible Body® Releases 3D Muscular Premium Anatomy
- December 2011 - Visible Body® Releases 3D Human Anatomy Atlas for iPhone
- July 13, 2011 - Visible Body® Releases Visible Body 3D Human Anatomy Atlas for iPad
- July 13, 2011 - Interview with Visible Body CEO
- September 21, 2010 - Visible Body® Releases Male Version of Its Revolutionary 3D Human Anatomy Visualization and Learning
- August 24, 2010 - Visible Body® Announces New Release of Its Revolutionary 3D Human Anatomy Visualization and Learning Tool
- November 18, 2008 - The Visible Body®, the First Comprehensive 3D Human Anatomy Visualization and Learning Tool, Now Cross-Platform and Cross-Browser
- March 4, 2008 - Argosy Publishing Launches The Visible Body®, the First Comprehensive 3D Human Anatomy Visualization and Learning Tool
Social Media Channels