We often get requests from entities seeking permission to reproduce our images. Below are our guidelines:
Visible Body grants permissions to use our content in print, broadcast, and on the web if certain conditions are met.
- For noncommercial uses of Visible Body images, Visible Body permits you to publish up to five Visible Body images or 20 seconds of video. These images can be made available in print, web, or broadcast, as long as the use is noncommercial and you follow the attribution guidelines below.
- For any commercial use of a Visible Body image, you must submit a request for a license quote.
- For noncommercial uses by instructors or professors, you may qualify for extended free permissions. Read the information below to better understand our guidelines.
- Pricing to license images starts at $750.
I am a professor/instructor. Can I use Visible Body images in the classroom?
We love it when instructors/professors teach with our products. Instructors/professors who require a Visible Body product on their course syllabus or who teach at a school that has a Visible Body site license may use the product and images from it in lecture presentations, class notes, lab manuals, or study materials circulated exclusively to students in the course. Permission to use Visible Body products in lecture and in course handout materials is granted at no cost, provided that you meet the following criteria:
- Your course syllabus must require a Visible Body product or provide instructions for accessing your school's site-licensed Visible Body product.
- You must follow the attribution guidelines when using an image in your lecture notes or course materials.
- This material must be circulated exclusively to students in the course.
- You may not sell, in any form, the course materials that include Visible Body content.
- You may not make the materials that include Visible Body content available on any website that includes advertising.
If your course materials meet the above criteria, specific permission is not required. Simply follow the attribution guidelines explained below. If your course materials do not meet the above criteria, we are happy to provide you a quote for using images from our apps. Please note that permissions costs begin at $750. To receive a bid for your particular licensing needs submit a permissions request. Include your school, course name and number, and your request.
I am a student. Can I use Visible Body images as a study tool or in a school project or paper?
If you are a student and you'd like to use more than five images in a paper or presentation that is circulated only to instructors and other students in your course, specific permission is not required. Simply follow the attribution guidelines explained below.
If you want to use more than five Visible Body images in any other context, please submit a request for a license quote. Include a description of your project (type of media), explanation of distribution (who will see this), and include the images you intend to use.
How do I submit a request for a license quote?
To submit a request to license images or animations, please contact our sales team and include the following information:
- Type of content in which you will be using our images
- Type of media in which you will be using our images
- Description of media (examples: news show health segment, syndicated health show, physical therapy professional magazine, orthopedic journal)
- Size of audience/circulation
- Length of permissions request
- Number of images you would like to use
- Which Visible Body products contain the images you would like to use
What are the attribution guidelines I need to follow when using Visible Body content in print, broadcast, and on the web?
- Display the full interface, including the Visible Body logo, in print or on screen when application is initially on screen.
- Thereafter, focused and cropped images are permissible.
- Display www.visiblebody.com. This URL should appear at a legible font and stay on the screen for at least two seconds. If you are a professor/instructor, this URL can appear on your syllabus or the website for the course.
For print publication:
- Include "Image courtesy of Visible Body (www.visiblebody.com)" below the image or on the credits page.
What if I have more questions?
Please submit a ticket to the support desk with any questions, comments, or suggestions.